RRISIQ and its university partners offer support to students and researchers in nursing intervention. Each year, RRISIQ and its university parteners award graduate and post-graduate level fellowships to promising students who are likely to become the next generation of nurse researchers. RRISIQ also organizes many competitions for researchers to support their pilot projects, but also supports publications, participation in conferences and student internships.
- To fulfill its objective of recruiting and training researchers in the field of nursing intervention, RRISIQ's partner universities will be offering fellowships (masters, doctoral) for the present academic year (upon availability of funds).
- The application and evaluation process is managed by the Ordre des infirmières et infirmiers du Québec (OIIQ).
- This fellowship program is different from the one offered by the Ministry of Education (MEES).
|Funding programs||Maximum amount allocated
(upon availability of funds at the
| Maximum duration of
(can be renewed once following an
application at a
|Doctoral Fellowship||40 000$/year*||1 year|
|Masters Fellowship||15 000$/year*||1 year|
- All amounts are conditional on available funds in the affiliated university.
- All applicants must notify the RRISIQ of any other fellowships or study bursaries already granted or to be received. If you have been awarded funding from any other organizations, the full RRISIQ fellowship is cancelled. However, top-up funding may be granted up to the maximum amount authorized by the FRQS : Maximum of $40,000 for Masters and $60,000 for Doctoral fellowships.
- For doctoral candidates only: The student must have a RRISIQ regular researcher member on their thesis committee from a different partner university than the one where the candidate is registered at).
- For nursing professionals holding a license to practice outside of Quebec, the fellowship amounts are $7,500 (Masters), $20,000 (Doctoral).
Deadline to submit: To be announced
Approximate date by which the candidate should receive a reply to his/her full application: To be announced
To apply: You will find all information pertaining to the application and funding opportunity on the competition's web page. (To come)