A student member is a person enrolled in a graduate training program in a Quebec university or a person who meets the status of postdoctoral research intern, as described in the FRQ General Rules, and who performs his training at a Quebec university. To be eligible for membership, the student must, in addition to meeting one of the requirements above, be engaged in research activities and be directed or supervised by a regular member of the network. The student member may request to be unsubscribed at any time.
The privileges of the student member are:
- Privileged access to the network's activities and resources
- Access, by invitation, to attend the Members Assembly, without the right to vote.
- Eligibility to obtain financial support, but only from the network of which he/she is a member and if he/she meets the following criteria:
- The student must be pursuing studies and research activities with a status that corresponds to the requirements of the university providing the funding;
- The student must commit to meeting the requirements of his/her university and program of studies;
- The student must comply with the fellowship agreement which must be signed to accept the funding.
Fellowship candidates must also meet the criteria of the specific competition to which they apply.
Foreign students may be eligible for fellowships depending on available budgets and procedures specific to each university.
For the membership application procedures, click here.
View our list of laureates.